Best Air Mattress For 2020
SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
We already know what you’re thinking: “Coils? In an air mattress?” Yes, 40 of them, to be exact. Industry-leading ComfortCoil technology keeps your queen-sized bed flat and firm to add unmatchable support and durability.
Its waterproof top consists of multilayer, puncture-resistant material, making it extra thick for ultimate comfort. More than 16,000(!) happy Amazon reviewers agree that this air mattress is truly the one to beat.
- CUSTOMER FRIENDLY 1-YEAR WARRANTY comes standard on all SoundAsleep mattresses. Rest assured on your purchase of the highest quality air mattress money can buy. Call or email anytime for support. Our US based team is here to help!
- INDUSTRY LEADING DESIGN exclusively using ComfortCoil Technology and a SureGrip bottom to ensure firmness and stability. No slipping and sliding! With 40 internal air coils for added durability and support your bed will remain flat and firm so you can stay SoundAsleep! Updated in 2019 with our official SoundAsleep logo!
- PATENTED 1-CLICK INTERNAL PUMP ensures quick and easy inflation and deflation. Designed for in-home use, the Queen Size Dream Series mattress reaches full inflation in under 4 minutes and will stay inflated for days. If you prefer a firmer surface, use the pump for a quick top up!
- PREMIUM “DOUBLE-HEIGHT” RAISED AIR BED with dual chamber construction. With inflated dimensions of 78” x 58” x 19”, this mattress is large enough to sleep two people comfortably or one person like a king! Guests, friends and relatives of all shapes and sizes will be thrilled. For a smaller mattress, check out our Twin Size!
- EXTRA THICK, WATERPROOF FLOCKED TOP ensures a comfortable sleeping experience while multilayer, puncture-resistant Eco-Friendly PVC makes this mattress extra durable and long-lasting.
Comfort and Convenience
The SoundAsleep Dream Series air mattress with ComfortCoil Technology is the most advanced air mattress on the market.
Our Dream Series air mattress provides overnight guests the comfort of a traditional mattress with the convenience of an air mattress.
The 15 gauge material and multi-layered flocked top create a more comfortable sleeping surface
Convenient, Built-In Pump
One-click toggle allows for quick and easy inflation and deflation. The patented pump design is made to be 20% quieter that competing motors and fully inflates the bed in 4 minutes.
The 4 minute deflation function removes all the air from the bed, allowing for quickly, easy and compact folding and storage.
Patented SureGrip technology prevents the bed from unwanted sliding during use and provides suction grip on hard, flat surfaces that are more prone to mattress movement during use.
Design and Construction
Dream Series air mattresses are the only mattresses on the market designed with ComfortCoil Technology. Our Queen sized mattress is made with 40 individual air coils to provide a flat sleeping surface for single sleepers or couples alike. Our proprietary ComfortCoils reinforce the bed to maintain shape and firmness
Puncture resistant material is used for added durability against normal wear and allows for couples with a combined weight of 500lbs.
The SoundAsleep Promise
The Queen Sized 78 x 58 x 19 with raised “Double-height” construction provides the feel of a traditional mattress.
Made from durable nylon, this bag is perfect for in-home storage when the bed is not in use. Also great for travel and easy transport.
SoundAsleep stands behind all our products. Your satisfaction is our highest priority and we aim to provide 5-star rated products and 5-star rated customer support. Reach out to us at any point and we would be happy to help assist you.
King Koil Queen Air Mattress
Hands down, the worst part about having to sleep on an air mattress is needing to set it up. Trade bulky air pumps, leaky connections, and tangled power cords for a bed that’s ready for serious snoozing within minutes.
With the ability to self-inflate at just the flip of a switch, this revolutionary model cuts down the effort and time you normally need to invest, so all you ever have to do is close your eyes and relax.
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTURER INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE! – KING KOIL ENHANCED QUEEN AIRBED TECHNOLOGY with a – Soft Flocking Layer and a Built-in Pillow. Built For Maximum Comfort – We Stand Behind Our Quality & Warranty! WARRANTY DETAILS IN PACKAGING AND WITH AIRBED PURCHASE.
- EXTRA THICK DURABLE WATERPROOF COMFORT QUILT TOP with Extra Spinal Support – Firm Mattress Provides Good Sleeping Posture – Sueded Top keeps bedding in place. The built-in pump features separate inflate and deflate knobs for simple and fast inflation.
- QUEEN SIZED AIRBED with Coil-Beam Construction and a BUILT-IN 120V / 210W AC Pump – Inflated Dimensions: 80″ x 60″ x 20″ Should you accidentally puncture or tear your air mattress, all King Koil air mattresses include patch kits.
- EASY TO USE plug in internal pump allows fast & easy inflation / deflation. The King Koil mattress reaches full inflation in under 2 minutes. The King Koil air mattress is designed for in-home use and is perfect for overnight guests, friends or relatives, and camping trips. Remember, although it holds air extremely well, you can always click the pump on for a few seconds to inflate or deflate to your desired comfort level!
- CUSTOMER FRIENDLY 1-YEAR GUARANTEE offered. KING KOIL IS THE ONLY manufacturer that is endorsed by the International Chiropractors Association to help promote proper spinal alignment and a healthier night’s sleep.
King Koil Airbeds were designed with you in mind. Enhanced Coil Technology provides the support you and your guests need for a sound night’s sleep. Air filled coils and internal layering naturally support the body, keeping the spine aligned as you sleep. The state-of-the-art coils also excellently maintain the inflatable bed’s shape and firmness over time.
Utilizing high-quality, puncture resistant material prevents normal wear and tear that can sink an average air mattress. The durable PVC combined with soft flockeing create a waterproof, extremely durable airbed, meant to withstand the test of time. Unlike other air mattresses, the King Koil beds are fully flocked on both top and sides with velvety soft material.
With our proprietary built-in high-speed pump, you can easily maintain and adjust the blow up bed’s firmness level. Featuring separate inflation and deflation valves, the built-in high speed pump will do the work for you, and get you resting faster. Fully inflate or deflate the queen size air mattress in just 2 minutes. That’s twice as fast as the average competing bed! Pump specs: 120V/210W
Air Mattress Queen Size
Sure, this air mattress is the best-looking of the bunch, but how does it perform? It’s been praised by endless Amazon reviewers for its firm support and raised platform, making the bed comfortable enough to ease chronic pain. Some even say that they’ve tossed out their existing mattresses to permanently use this airbed.
Choose from a range of sizes up to king, and receive a fitted sheet and bed skirt to match.
- ✅ NO-HASSLE WARRANTY – Your purchase includes a 1-year WARRANTY and a 60-day RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. If you’re not completely thrilled with your air mattress, send it back for a full refund, no questions asked. We’ll even pay for return shipping for the QUEEN air mattress.
- ✅ NO MORE BACK PAIN – Read the reviews of the Best Choice Air Mattress. You’ll find that people are thrilled with the firmness of this air bed. Other inflatable beds will collapse or stretch, which offers no support for your joints. With the laminated material of the Best Choice, we have solved that problem. It not only offers a firm sleeping surface, but it also makes for a very sturdy air mattress on the edges as well.
- ✅ BEST LOOKING AIR MATTRESS – No one will argue, The Best Choice is in fact, the best-looking air mattress out there. The stylish bed skirt and fitted top sheet is much more than a fashion statement; it provides a critical layer between you and the bed. This will keep you much warmer and keep you sleeping much deeper.
- ✅ GETTING GOOD SLEEP IS ALL ABOUT BACK SUPPORT – This is the firmest raised inflatable bed out there, offering second to none back support. So many positive feedback letting us know how it has helped their back from hurting. We’ve even had customers suggest putting a simple pillow topper on top, “making it the most comfortable bed in the world”. Or, our favorite quote, “My hip doesn’t hurt anymore like when I sleep on my $1500.00 mattress”.
- ✅ IF IT LEAKS, IT’S WORTHLESS – We understand this very well. That is why we spend extra on the material. Laminated vinyl prevents the air bed from stretching too much. It is the seams of an air mattress that will break down and start to leak. Preventing the seams from over stretching will prolong the life of your air mattress. So much so, you can expect your bed to last twice as long as a regular vinyl product. You can also put over 600 lbs. on a raised air mattress queen.
- Meet the air mattress that doesn’t look like an air mattress. Made from laminated vinyl, this bed is far stronger than traditional air beds and won’t stretch or sag. Included is an elegant machine washable bed sheet and skirt to help your guests feel right at home. The built in pump allows for easy setup in minutes, and the included carry bag makes for easy storage and transport of your guest bed. Enjoy the flexibility of being able to host friends or family in a pinch with the Best Choice air mattress.
The right air mattress is key for a good night’s sleep, even if it’s just for a few days. Whether you’re hosting overnight guests, going on an outdoor camping trip, or are in a temporary living situation where you need to use one every day, a quality air bed that doesn’t break the bank is ideal. For the most comfortable and convenient experience, you’ll want an inflatable mattress that’s easy to set up, compact to carry and store, and won’t leak air overnight while you’re using it.
The Good Housekeeping Institute’s Textiles Lab tested inflatable air mattresses for durability, overnight leakage, puncture resistance, and more. We then had real consumer testers set up the mattresses and lie on them to rate the ease of use and comfort. The picks ahead are from brands that have done well in our tests along with newer models that have unique features and rave reviews from users.
How to find the best air mattress
There are several key features to consider as you shop:
- Pump: Options include manual, battery-operated, and outlet plug-in. Most air mattresses come with a pump (either attached or separate), but sometimes you’ll need to purchase one separately.
- Inflation time: The mattress should be able to inflate and deflate in just a few minutes. This is typically listed as a specification from the manufacturer.
- Height: A taller air mattress that’s at least 18-inches high is typically more comfortable, but a lower profile one is easier to roll up and carry. It comes down to personal preference and whether you’re using it at home or on the go.
- Air chambers: The most supportive air mattresses have vertical air chambers or coils that help distribute weight. Air beams that run side to side can still feel comfortable, but you may notice some sagging when you lie down. You can spot the difference by looking at the surface: Ones with the less supportive air beams look like rows.
- Flocked fabric: The material feels like suede and can be found on the top side of air mattresses (so it doesn’t feel like you’re sleeping on plastic) as well as the bottom (to prevent slipping on hardwood floors).
Best Air Mattress
Air Mattress FAQ
Extra furniture like air beds can really come in handy when unexpected guests arrive. Having extra air beds on hand is a smart move for any homeowner. They don’t have to be just for guests; you can use them yourself when camping or moving. Air mattresses are convenient and easy to use, and taking care of them is straightforward and simple.
The days of filling up air beds manually are long gone. Today, most air beds come with manually operated or electric air bed pumps. Instead of blowing your air mattress up yourself, just attach the pump to the air bed’s valve and watch your air mattress inflate before your eyes.
You should only fill up your air bed mattress when you’re getting ready to use it. It doesn’t need to stay inflated forever. If you find that there is some air leakage, then top off your air bed with the air bed pump again when needed.
A little air leak now and then is normal in even the best air beds. However, if you find that your air beds significantly deflate in the night, then you’ll need to inspect the air bed mattress for holes or ripped seams. Sometimes the culprit is a loose cap on your air valve. If that’s the case, simply fill your queen air bed back up and make sure that the cap is securely fastened before you use your air bed again.
Taking care of an air bed is easy. After you’ve deflated your bed, simply roll it back up and store it in its box or bag. Keep the box in a safe spot where it will stay protected from extreme heat, cold and water. Make sure you keep all sharp objects away from your air beds as sharp objects can puncture the air mattress and ruin it. If you follow all these steps, you’re sure to have the best air bed for you that will remain functional years to come.
Some air bed pumps also suck air out in addition to inflating your bed. Check and see if your air pump comes with a deflate setting; this setting is particularly handy for camping when you want to strike camp quickly. If your pump does not have that feature, you will have to deflate your air bed manually. Unscrew or unsnap the cap of the mattress’s air valve first and listen for escaping air. Next, remove your shoes and walk up and down the length of the air bed. Once you’ve done that a few times, you can start rolling your air bed from the end opposite the air valve to help the remaining air escape. When you have completely rolled up the camping air bed, use a cord or the bed’s bag to keep it in that condensed shape.